Thursday 7 August 2014

IF YOU HATE YOUR JOB QUIT. IT IS NOT “BY FORCE”!


I don’t get some people ‘koraa’.
You spend a lot of money schooling to land a good job and you do. Even if you don’t, you find yourself one way or the other stuck with a particular physical activity in order to earn a wage or salary.

So, you know how receptionists are supposed to be the frontline access to a company?
And you meet this lady, to whom you are supposed talk, for direction to department you needed to go and if that is impossible take your message and later relay it to the person you wanted to see.
But seriously I just don’t get some of them at all.

You ask why all these crap?
We were distributing letters for my company, don’t worry I am not a messenger or marketer I was asked and I couldn’t say no.
Any who! We were distributing these letters and this particular lady whom we met (who I think don’t deserve to be called one) manners brought back memories of the kinds of receptionists I have encountered in my life time.

Oh gosh! The facial expression, nothing to write home about…she has frowned so much I think her face is stuck that way. She was so RUDE and MEAN.  The way she spoke to us, even the word BAD, doesn’t even cut it. As if the five minutes that we spent there was a going to end her life.
And this was not the first time we were there oh, so I know exactly what I am talking about.

Can you imagine, she left us at the front desk after she gave us this three line form that will take less than a minute to fill? We had to stand and wait for her to return.
That’s how come we ended up spending five minutes instead of just one minute.

She is so lucky I am not a horrible person. I would have mentioned company she worked for so that when she is fired (but in case you really want to know the company, send me an email: albielaks@gmail.comand I’ll tell you) she’d learn to cherish the next job she lands i.e. if she does with that STUPID attitude of hers.

I always say this; ‘if you hate your job quit but if you don’t then do it and do it well. She is not the only receptionist or front desk attendant (as they are sometimes called) that has behaved this way and I am sure most of you have experienced.

Well! Not all of them are mean and rude. This receptionist at Pens and Plastics Ghana limited (producers Bic products) whose name I have forgotten was so lovely. If any of you know her tell her what Albie thinks she is a beautiful person with a beautiful heart.

I repeat it again; IF YOU HATE YOUR JOB, QUIT! IT IS NOT ‘BY FORCE’!

Hey! This Albie’s Experience

Share yours and let’s get pissed or laugh about it together.

1 comment:

  1. i had my share of the same experience and found it so annoying. i would therefore suggest that they should have the knowledge on what kind of job they are applying to.at least they have the technical know-how or else they look like idiots when into it already. i pity them.

    ReplyDelete