Friday 20 April 2012

"Queen not Queen Mother"



 Today I was in the office feeling very bored because whatever I had to do, I had to wait till 2pm to do it.
Then all of a sudden there was a heated argument behind me.

An argument about something which I thought was funny and irrelevant.

One of my bosses was saying "If you call her QUEEN MOTHER, what will you call her mother who gave birth to her?"

I found out that they were arguing that, as you know in Ghana we call our ‘QUEENS’, ‘QUEENMOTHER’.

Which is WRONG but that is how it has been for a long time and it has become a norm which will to be very hard to change.

And this boss of mine was arguing that we were fooling ourselves calling them that but we are supposed to call them ‘QUEEN’.
The other was also busily insisting that they are ‘QUEEN MOTHERS’

Someone else was also arguing that they call them that because they act as mothers to the people.

Well! Albie's stand is that, who cares what they are called?
Every woman is a Queen or Queen Mother in their own way.

Queen or Queen mother, they all go to say that every woman is very special.

This is Albie’s view, what is yours let’s share.

No comments:

Post a Comment